It looks like the Prince estate and Jay Z have repaired the bridge that previously seemed oh so burnt.
In a surprise announcement Friday, the hip-hop moguls streaming company Tidal confirmed plans to release a new album of unreleased Prince music next year.
And not one to take the backseat, Jigga himself will be overseeing the collection.
The rapper and Tidal founder explained: Our only goal is to share Princes music with his fans as he wanted.
The 4:44 hitmaker, real name Shawn Carter, started up Tidal in 2015 in an attempt to create a more artist-friendly alternative to popular streaming services such as Spotify and Apple Music.
Tidal had landed the rights to exclusively stream Princes two HITnRun albums and some other latter-era records in the months before his sudden death.
But, after Prince died on 21 April 2016, his estate at the time legally disputed Tidal amid a wide range of new dealings.
Jay-Z, obviously not happy with the situation, mentioned the dispute and the estates controversial attorney Londell McMillan in the song Caught Their Eyes on his Grammy-nominated album 4:44.
He rapped the lyrics: I sat down with Prince, eye to eye / He told me his wishes before he died / Now, Londell McMillan, he must be colour blind / They only see green from them purple eyes.
Although we dont yet know if the new collection of music comes from the same 2014-2015 recording run as the HITnRUN albums, we love to hope and dream that it will be material Prince recorded in recent years.
Much like with Beyonces and Kanye Wests recent albums, Tidal will have exclusive rights to the other new Prince record for the first two weeks of release.
This news comes after it was reported that Princes family filed a lawsuit against the hospital that treated his first opioid overdose after it was announced by authorities no criminal charges would be made surrounding his death.
Last month, authorities in Minnesota came to their conclusion in the death of the singer, who passed away in April 2016 after an accidental fentanyl overdose at the age of 57.
However two weeks ago the late singers family took legal action against Trinity Medical Centre, the Illinois hospital that treated the singer for an opioid overdose the week before his fatal incident.
According to the New York Times, Princes family filed the suit under the name of a trustee, Michael A. Zimmer and alleged that the singer received improper medical care in the early hours of 15 April 2016.
More: Jay Z
They claim his death was a direct and proximate cause of the hospital failing to treat his overdose properly, as well as its failure to investigate the cause and provide proper counselling.
In a statement to the publication, lawyers for Princes family, George Loucas and John Goetz, said: What happened to Prince is happening to families across America. The family wishes through its investigation to shed light on this epidemic and how to better the fight to save lives. If Princes death helps save lives, then all was not lost.
Got a story?
If you've got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.