WEST FARGO, N.D. — A routine traffic stop on Interstate 94 in southeastern North Dakota led to the seizure of 100 pounds of marijuana.
The Highway Patrol says a trooper stopped a vehicle near West Fargo on Wednesday, and a police dog indicated the presence of drugs. The resulting search turned up the large marijuana stash.
Thirty-three-year-old driver Steven Shipe of Eureka, California, faces a felony drug charge that carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. Court documents dont list an attorney for him.
- LA-based MedMen lists on Canadian Securities Exchange with $1.6 billion valuation
- Lowell Herb makes pre-rolled marijuana joints and is looking to hire non-violent cannabis offenders
- Browns budget increases cannabis tax revenue estimates despite disappointing first quarter results
- California didnt make as much on marijuana taxes as expected; black market blamed
- Cultivating clout: Marijuana money flows into California politics