WEST FARGO, N.D. — A routine traffic stop on Interstate 94 in southeastern North Dakota led to the seizure of 100 pounds of marijuana.
The Highway Patrol says a trooper stopped a vehicle near West Fargo on Wednesday, and a police dog indicated the presence of drugs. The resulting search turned up the large marijuana stash.
Thirty-three-year-old driver Steven Shipe of Eureka, California, faces a felony drug charge that carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. Court documents dont list an attorney for him.
- Pets not eating more marijuana in California, post Prop 64, data shows
- Cannabis companies now have access to property, liability insurance in California
- Some California hospitals report uptick in ER visits for marijuana, though data is hard to come by
- Smoke leads firefighters and police to possible marijuana grow operation in Sunland
- LA-based MedMen lists on Canadian Securities Exchange with $1.6 billion valuation