Its an emotional week for the community of Walford in EastEnders as the funeral of murdered teenager Shakil Kazemi arrives and while Kush and Denise worry for Carmels state of mind, she is doing everything she can to block it out – and disappears when the day arrives.
Keegan Baker is another resident still being affected by the devastating death and it leads to him lashing out at Carmel – but can they help one another through what will be one of the toughest weeks of their lives?
Elsewhere, Max Branning is taken aback when Rainie Cross blurs the lines while Jean Slater is annoyed with Hayleys later money making plan. Here is your full EastEnders preview for the episodes ahead:
10 EastEnders spoilers
- Kush is concerned as Carmel refuses to get involved in the funeral planning.
- Jean discovers that Hayley is using Charlies cab without a license.
- Rainie tells Max that they need to be more convincing as a married couple.
- Bex, Louise, Tiffany and Bernie attend Carmels youth club but are taken aback by her questioning of them.
- Hayley steals the keys for the cab back from Jean, leaving her annoyed.
- Rainie leaves Max stunned when she kisses him while theyre alone and tells her that they need to focus on baby Abi.
- Hayley steals food from Carmel but then has a change of heart but is it too late?
- Rainie hears Donna bad mouthing her and so frames her for stealing cigarettes from the Minute Mart.
- Denise tries to find a missing Carmel on the day of Shakils funeral.
- Keegan and Carmel share harsh words with one another as pressure mounts.
Monday 2nd July
Rainie tells Max that they need to be more convincing as a couple and so she plans a slap up meal for them and Jack and Mel. Later, when Jack and Mel head upstairs to give them time alone, Max is stunned when Rainie kisses him.
Kush breaks the news that they have a meeting with Jay about Shakils funeral but she doesnt turn up and instead pours her focus onto the youth club – but the teens find it an uncomfortable event. Later, Keegan confronts Carmel and tells her that her club wont bring Shakil back.
Jean discovers that Hayley has been using Charlies cab to make money without a license and makes her promise not to do it again.
Tuesday 3rd July
Donna learns that Martin and Stacey have given Max and Rainie a reference and sees red, lashing out at Rainie and criticising her ability to take care of a child. Rainie gets her revenge by planting stolen cigarettes on Donnas stall and while Max stands by her when they are confronted, he warns Rainie she is out if she makes another mistake.
Kush continues to fear for Carmels state of mind as she puts her all into the next youth club event – but the night comes to an early end. Meanwhile, Carmel overhears Hayley criticising her and confronts her.
Jean takes the keys to Charlies cab but Hayley finds a way to steal them back and heads out to pick up another customer, leaving Jean annoyed.
Thursday 5th July
Keegan confronts Carmel for not playing a part in Shakils funeral and she then shares some harsh words with her. Later, she tells a stunned Jay to cancel all of the arrangements as no-one else is welcome at the funeral. Meanwhile, Hayley steals some food from Carmel but then tries to give it back. Kush tells Denise that he thinks Carmel is letting Shakil down.
Robbie discovers that Donna has been fined for stealing the cigarettes and confronts Max, who agrees to pay the fine if Donna keeps Rainies involvement a secret. Later, Max and Rainie have a blazing row.
Friday 6th July
Its the day of Shakils funeral and as the community gathers to pay their final respects to the murdered teenager, Carmel is nowhere to be seen and Kush is worried about her. Denise heads off to find Carmel but can she persuade her friend to attend?