Joining protesters across the United States, Southern Californians are expected to gather to urge the reuniting of families separated under the Trump Administrations “zero tolerance” immigration policy. Others will come together to support the administrations approach.
Heres where Southern California area gatherings for the official Families Belong Together rallies are scheduled, according to protesters national website and local organizers:
- Burbank, at 10 a.m. outside Burbank City Hall, 275 E. Olive Ave.
- Claremont, at noon, beginning at Claremont Memorial Park, 840 N. Indian Hill Blvd., with the protest taking place at the corner of Indian Hill and Foothill boulevards
- Irvine, 3 p.m. starting at Portola High School, 1200 Merit St. Participants will march to the James A. Musick Facility, a detention center.
- Laguna Beach, at 11 a.m.; attendees will meet near the sandy boardwalk area at Broadway/PCH on Main Beach
- Lancaster, at 10 a.m. at the Lancaster Library, 601 W. Lancaster Blvd.
- Long Beach, at 10 a.m. at Cesar Chavez Park, 401 Golden Ave.
- Los Angeles, at 11 a.m., outside Los Angeles City Hall, 200 N. Spring St.
- Pasadena, at noon near the main entrance of Pasadena City College, 1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
- Pasadena, at 1:30 p.m. at the Flintridge Center, 236 W. Mountain St., No. 106.
- Redondo Beach, at 11 a.m. at the corner of Artesia Boulevard and Hawthorne Boulevard.
- San Bernardino, at 11 a.m., outside an immigration government building at 655 W. Rialto Ave.
- Victorville, at noon, near the U.S. Federal Penitentiary detention center. Meeting place is the southeast corner of Air Base Road and Phantom East.
Also, counter-protesters with the Los Angeles County for Trump group plan to rally from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at 535 North Alameda Street.
- Protesters climb shuts down Statue of Liberty on July 4th
- LA leaders move to expand legal-aid fund to immigrants separated from children under Trump crackdown
- LA moms to ICE: End Trumps zero tolerance policy and stop ripping apart immigrant families
- LA Councilman Mike Bonin arrested at ICE demonstration
- Border Patrol arrests drop sharply in June; heat, stricter enforcement are possible factors