A Holby City favourite returns tonight as Essie Di Lucca comes back to Holby – but this time shes a patient. With Essie in agony and needing Hanssens help, can he overcome his own painful memories of what his son did to Raf and give her his expert care and attention?
Meanwhile, Roxanna uncovers worrying information about Professor Gaskells trial. She battles with her conscience – can she continue to support Gaskell, knowing what she knows? And how will this affect Jac? And Donna wants to find a new home for herself and her daughters, but suitable properties are out of her reach but hen a solution presents itself. Here are all of the spoilers to look out for in the episode:
1. Essie is brought into the hospital in excruciating pain. Tests reveal her condition is serious and she needs immediate surgery. With her life in the balance, she has to put her trust in Henrik Hanssen, the man whose son killed her husband.
2. Since she left Holby, believing Gaskells trial was a failure because of her negligence, Essie has been getting to know Rafs family. His father, Enzo Di Lucca, comes to Holby with her. How will he cope with being in the place where his son died? Can he make peace with Hanssen? And what will he make of the Raf Di Lucca Memorial Thing in the garden?
3. Essie feels that she attracts bad luck – from Rafs death to her illness. She wonders if its down to karma, because of the sins of her Nazi grandfather.
4. Roxanna discovers shocking information about the trial that Gaskell has been keeping from her. She confronts him with what she knows and threatens to pull the plug on the trial.
5. Essie is trying to be brave and hold her feelings in – but one person in particular provides a shoulder to cry on…
6. Roxanna insists that Jac has to be told about the death of one of the other trial subjects. How will Jac react to this news? And what will Roxanna decide to do? As she struggles with her conscience, a patient helps her to make up her mind.
7. Casualty favourite Ethan Hardy brings a patient to the wards upstairs. He suspects the patient, Gina, might be suffering from Huntingtons disease, like him. It turns out that Roxanna and Gaskell already know Ethan, as hes previously been rejected as a trial subject. While some of us might say he had a lucky escape, thats not how Ethan feels about it.
8. Rics looking forward to having his house to himself when he lends Donna the deposit to help her rent a new home. But when she looks at properties that might be suitable for her and her daughters, Donna is forced to reconsider her financial situation.
9. A patient causes Donna to have a rethink about her career options and she sees a way forward. But she still needs help…
10. Weve already seen Xavier lending money to Nicky. Could he be the answer to Donnas problems?