A Star Is Born is set to put Lady Gaga on the map as a movie star and Bradley Cooper as a director – as well as being a five-star, rip-roaring success.
Theres already talk that it will scoop Academy Award nominations and this all follows serious fears that the third remake of the Janet Gaynors 1937 classic would bomb.
The 1937 original was followed by a 1954 Judy Garland remake, a 1976 Barbra Streisand revival and now this Gaga/Cooper effort.
In fact, it was deemed such a risk that Cooper admitted he was warned against directing it by a number of close friends in the industry.
But with the exiting trailers and glowing reviews, it seems the risk paid off.
When is A Star Is Born out in UK cinemas?
A Star Is Born hits UK cinemas on Friday 5 October, with advance screenings taking place from Wednesday 3 October.
What is A Star Is Born about?
A Star Is Born sees Cooper play seasoned musician Jackson Maine, who discovers and falls in love with struggling artist Ally (Gaga). As shes about to give up her dream career, shes thrusted into the spotlight which causes problems for their own relationship.
Whos in the cast?
The film marks the directorial debut from Bradley Cooper, who also stars in it, as well as the first major role for Lady Gaga in a feature film. She has previously starred in Machete Kills, Sin City: A Dame To Kill For and TV series American Horror Story.
Other cast members include Sam Elliott, Andrew Dice Clay, Dave Chappelle and RuPauls Drag Race star D.J. Pierce as Gagas mother.
Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio and Christian Bale were all rumoured to be circling the film over the years, and Beyonce was at one point thought be taking on the role of Esther (until her fee reportedly became too high.)
Coachella festival goers were given the chance to become on-set extras for the new movie, with scenes shot on April 18 and April 19 last year. The scenes filmed were part of a country western concert.
All you Monsters that can attend should get decked out in your most comfortable denim & boots, throw on a Stetson (leave those pink Joanne hats at home) and come out to show your support! read the announcement, before confirming it would cost $10 to attend and all all proceeds would be going directly to Gagas Born This Way Foundation.
What about the soundtrack?
Bradley Cooper revealed that the movie would feature original songs, instead of covers from the previous three A Star Is Born movies.
A full soundtrack has been released featuring 34 songs from the film, including covers such as La Vie En Rose
A Star Is Born soundtrack – full listing
2. “Black Eyes” – Performed by Bradley Cooper.
3. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
4. Fabulous French
5. “La Vie En Rose” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
6. Ill Wait For You
7. “Maybe Its Time” – Performed by Bradley Cooper.
8. Parking Lot
9. “Out of Time” – Performed by Bradley Cooper.
10. “Alibi” – Performed by Bradley Cooper.
11. Trust Me
12. “Shallow” – Performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
13. First Stop, Arizona
14. “Music To My Eyes” – Performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
15. “Diggin My Grave” – Performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
16. I Love You
17. “Always Remember Us This Way” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
19. How Do You Hear It?
20. “Look What I Found” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
22. “Heal Me” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
23. “I Dont Know What Love Is” – Performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
25. “Is That Alright?” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
27. “Why Did You Do That?” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
28. “Hair Body Face” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
30. “Before I Cry” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
31. “Too Far Gone” – Performed by Bradley Cooper.
32. Twelve Notes
33. “Ill Never Love Again (Film Version)” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
34. “Ill Never Love Again (Extended Version)” – Performed by Lady Gaga.
Why was Bradley Cooper warned against directing it?
The film is the storys fourth big screen adaptation and famously went through many directors and actors before Cooper was able to get it in to production with Lady Gaga in the female lead role.
I had a lot of people tell me, “Please dont do this” — people I respect and who care about me, said the 43-year-old actor turned director.
I just knew this could be the end of everything if it doesnt work. Its like, “Whos this guy making the fourth [version] of this movie? Shut up already.” But I still could not deny what I felt deep down, and thats why it was this movie.
It sort of ignited something in me.
What have the reviews been like?
The film received an incredible reaction – and eight-minute standing ovation – at the Venice Film Festival this year.
Read Metro.co.uks five star review here.
Ready for the trailer?
A Star Is Born will hit cinemas on Friday 5 October.