SHARE

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: October 9, 2018 1:44:11 pm

Actor Alok Nath reacts to sexual assault accusations.

Related News


  • Alok Nath accused of sexual assault; CINTAA to send him show-cause notice

    Alok Nath accused of sexual assault; CINTAA to send him show-cause notice


  • Happy Birthday Alok Nath: Five times the actor aced sanskari babuji act

    Happy Birthday Alok Nath: Five times the actor aced sanskari babuji act


  • Happy birthday Alok Nath: Gandhi, Kamagni and other films where he was not so sanskari babu ji. See photos, video

    Happy birthday Alok Nath: Gandhi, Kamagni and other films where he was not so sanskari babu ji. See photos, video

Actor Alok Nath has denied allegations of sexual assault leveled against him by a veteran TV writer-producer. Speaking to news channel ABP News, Nath said, “Neither I am denying this nor do I would agree with it. It (rape) must have happened, but someone else would have done it. Well, I do not want to talk much about it as for the matter if it has come out, it will be stretched.”

In the Facebook post, the woman has alleged that she was accosted by “this man who was driving his own car and he asked me to sit in it and said he would drop me home.” She wrote in the post that the incident took place 20 years ago after a party at Naths house. The writer-producer alleged she was violated endlessly.

Accepting his friendship with the TV writer-producer, Nath said, “At one time she used to be such a good friend… today she said such a big thing. In a way, it was me who made her what she is. It is useless to react on the allegations as in todays world whatever a woman says, only that will be considered. In such a situation, it would be wrong to say anything.”

Though the TV writer-producer refrained from taking his name in her social media post and addressed him only as “sanskaari (cultured) person in the film and television industry”, she later confirmed to IANS that she referred to Alok Nath.

Also read | Alok Nath accused of sexual assault; CINTAA to send him show-cause notice

HOT DEALS

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

Supporting the writer-producer, CINTAA general secretary Sushant Singh said a show-cause notice will be sent to Nath. He has also urged Nanda to file a complaint against “this vile creature”.

About the alleged incident, the TV writer-producer said, “I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly. When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadnt just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised. I couldnt get up for my bed. I told some of my friends but everybody advised me to forget about it and move on.”

Must Watch

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd More Related News

Original Article

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here