Last week Dylan looked like a man who needed some more time off, but with the department understaffed hes already back at work. One of his first patients is Ciara, whos had a fall and comes to the ED with her husband, Joel. How will Dylan cope with seeing her again so soon?
Its the day of the CQC inspection and with staff shortages and patients being re-routed from the mythical St Jamess, everyone has to be on their A game. Its Louises first day as a charge nurse and shes thrown straight into a high pressure situation. Is she up to the task? Here are all the spoilers to look out for:
1. Dylan is shocked to see Ciara at the hospital on his first day back at work, and the situation is all the more awkward because her creepy husband Joel is with her. Joel is playing his part as the concerned husband, but when Dylan finds out more about Ciaras medical condition he begins to suspect something nasty is going on.
2. The CQC inspector, Tara, is spending the day in the department and she has a fearsome reputation. With the team already stretched to breaking point, how will they measure up?
3. Duffy is called in to work on her day off because of the staffing situation. Tired and stressed, she almost makes a terrible mistake. Its clear that Duffy isnt coping. Who will she turn to for support?
4. Louise has a new uniform and a new job title – shes now Charge Nurse Tyler. As youd expect, her leadership style isnt the most relaxed and she soon manages to annoy everybody. Will she turn things around, particularly with the beady eye of the inspector watching everything thats going on?
5. Two boys set out to steal a mans wallet from his house – but it turns out there might be a deeper motive than just robbery when all three end up injured and they begin to find out what connects them all.
6. Joel becomes suspicious about Ciara and Dylans relationship and starts digging about to find out whats been going on. Meanwhile, Dylan is worried that Joel might be harming Ciara and the scene is set for a dramatic showdown.
7. The CQC inspector wants to talk to all of the staff members and get their views of the department. While some people are diplomatic, others arent afraid to say what they really think!