After the dramatic climax to the Professor Gaskell story last week Jac is fighting for her life, suffering the effects of the neurotoxin and the implant. Sacha and Fletch, with joint power of attorney, have to decide what happens to her. With all avenues exhausted and facing the real prospect that Jac is about to die, Sacha has one last call to make.
Hanssen is struggling to process the havoc and destruction that his old friend Gaskell caused, but hes the only one who can solve the last pieces of the puzzle about what the Professor was up to. And Donna and Zav are still circling around each other. Here are all the spoilers to look out for.
1. Its been two days since Gaskell gave Jac the neurotoxin and hope is diminishing as her medical condition worsens. Sacha and Fletch keep vigil by her bedside and debate what they can do. As Jac left them with joint power of attorney over her affairs, they realise that after all options are exhausted theyll be the ones who have to decide whether to keep her on life support or not. Then a desperate Sacha makes a call. Theres one neurosurgeon they havent tried yet – Guy Self. Is the disgraced former CEO of the hospital Jacs final hope?
2. Gaskells body still hasnt been found and his lab has been designated a crime scene. Hanssens world has been shattered yet again and he struggles to come to terms with what his old friend has done.
3. Jason and Greta are pushing ahead with their wedding plans, but is the best man fully on board?
4. As well as worrying about Jac, Sacha and Fletch also have the heart-rending responsibility of looking after her daughter Emma, knowing that her future as well as Jacs is in their hands.
5. Darwin is under pressure, with Frieda and Nicky struggling to cope with the workload and no senior CT surgeon to head the department. When the call goes out for a CT surgeon to deal with a sudden, life-threatening emergency in theatre a very welcome face returns. Mo Effanga to the rescue!
6. Every time Donna and Xavier get closer, he pushes her away. Can she find a way to break through his defences, or does she risk destroying what friendship they had?
7. If Guy Self is to try and help Jac he needs as much information about the Professors actions as he can get. With Jacs condition worsening by the hour, theres one man who could hold the key to vital information – Henrik Hanssen. Can he overcome the shock and despair he feels and unlock the Professors secrets? And will Jac Naylor survive?