Kylie Minogue returned the stage of Sunday night after she received substantial threats from a man online.
After the show in the northern German town of Hamburg, she took to Instagram to thank fans for singing along with her and referenced the security scare, writing: Thank you #HAMBURG. The final show on the European leg of the #GoldenTour. I made it over the finish line … just! Thanks for singing along with me.
The Spinning Around songstress brought her Golden Tour to Germany last week but she allegedly had an additional 20 armed security guards after the 50-year-old received a threat from a man via social media.
In a statement, a rep for the singer said: There was additional security at the Cologne show following an individual making threats via social media.
Given the nature of these threats, the police felt it necessary to take extra precautionary measures. We have routine security procedures in place for all concerts which will continue to be in effect for the remaining shows.
The spokesperson added: These procedures are continually reviewed and revised to ensure we are doing everything possible in order to create the safest environment for everyone in attendance.
It was claimed the armed guards were carrying submachine guns after the threats were sent in from a mentally disturbed Belgian man.
Its said that photos of the unnamed man were plastered around the Palladium where the show was held, so the 2,500 concert-goers could be vigilant if he turned up.
Got a showbiz story?
If you've got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.