Its a case of hello and goodbye in Coronation Street. Ken Barlows (Bill Roache) 80th birthday celebration is a bittersweet affair as, while it is marred by the devastating news that Sinead Tinker (Katie McGlynn) only has weeks left to live, it also heralds welcome appearances from Norris Cole (Malcolm Hebden) and Emily Bishop (Eileen Derbyshire).
Elsewhere in Weatherfield, David Platt (Jack P Shepherd) is getting himself into trouble in prison while Maria Connor (Samia Longchambon) is left with her heart broken again as Ali Neeson (James Burrows) devastates her.
10 Coronation Street spoilers
- Ryan orders Ali to sort his life out after discovering that he has been lying again.
- Robert heads off to teach Ray a lesson.
- Dev insists that Asha speaks to Dr Gaddas about her problems.
- Sinead gets the devastating news that she has only weeks to live.
- Maria is broken hearted when Ali tells her that he doesnt love her.
- Norris returns for Kens birthday and Emily visits via a Skype call.
- Sophie makes her final decision and heads out travelling.
- David causes a distraction in prison so a fellow prisoner can hide a phone.
- Max gets a text from a mysterious number.
- Daniel is broken as Sinead apologies that she is going to have to leave him and Bertie.
Monday 7th October Part One
Ryan is suspicious when he finds Ali asleep at a table in the cafe. Later, when Ali offers to look after Liam while Maria goes to work, he falls asleep again as the smoke alarm goes off. Ryan finds pills and tells Ali he needs to sort his life out.
Robert heads out to take revenge on Ray but Michelle stops him and suggests a holiday but Robert has to figure out how to explain his absence to Vicky. Dev takes Asha to see Dr Gaddas while Debbie hands cheques to Kevin and Sophie and Ken changes his mind about his holiday.
Monday 7th October Part Two
Maria apologies to Ali for having a go at him but he responds by telling her that theyre finished and he later claims that he doesnt love her. Later, Maria hits the bottle and Gary offers solace while Ryan tells Ali to get professional help.
Claudia plans a party for Ken while Sinead vows to live each day to its fullest. The Websters say goodbye to Debbie while Vicky is reluctant to see Robert go away on his course and Dev vows to be there for Asha.
Wednesday 9th October Part One
Its Kens 80th party and he is delighted to see Norris in attendance. There is another surprise for him when Emily contacts him to wish him happy birthday via Skype but after Sinead gets bad news, she is forced to bRead More – Source