Nutritious and refreshing, fattoush salad has long been one of our go-to's when it comes to both salad and Middle Eastern cuisine.
The humble dish features the likes of cherry tomatoes, mixed greens, radishes, as well as roasted or fried pieces of khubz.
If you're a fan of the salad, or would like to try it, here's how you can make your own.
All ingredients can be purchased at Marks & Spencer outlets across the UAE.
- • 3 wholemeal pitta breads
• 1.5 tbsp olive oil
• 25g fresh mint
• 25g flat-leaf parsley
• 200g radishes
• 250g cherry tomatoes
• 1 cucumber
• 2 little gem lettuces
• 4 spring onions
• For the dressing:
• 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 tbsp sumac
Tear into bite-sized pieces the wholemeal pitta breads. Trim and quarter the radishes. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Roughly chop the cucumber. Roughly chop the little gem lettuces. Thinly slice the spring onions. Crush the garlic cloves.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- On a baking tray, drizzle the pitta with oil, season and toss to coat.
- Bake for 12 mins, or until golden brown.
- Roughly tear the mint and parsley leaves and place in a bowRead More – Source